Wednesday, November 19, 2008

15 Lb Mark!

We had another weigh-in today and Sam finally weighs less than 16 lbs! Break out the bubbly!

She now weighs pounds, to be exact.
Based on her weight from Friday to Friday (Nov 14-21), Sam has lost 2.4% of her body weight in the past week or so, which is a little too much. I suspect that this is because I've been feeding her healthier cat food this week (gasp!), which apparently is not as tasty as her usual 9 Lives Tuna with Egg Bits. The healthy food (mostly chicken and turkey, with no wheat or gluten fillers) certainly smells less rank than the tuna, a sure sign that it is less tasty. We'll keep searching for the right cat food...I really hope to avoid having my house reek of tuna twice a day.

Indeed, this new healthy stuff (or, according to Sam, "pre-masticated gray sludge of indeterminate origin") must be truly gross because Sam has been chowing down on Nora's dog food while we sleep. Don't believe she would stoop so low? I give you Exhibit A:

So, as Sam's devoted support group, we now hide Nora's food while we're gone or sleeping. I won't be surprised if I start find stashes of catnip and tuna behind the couch and under the bed. Like I've said before, it's hard to be a fat cat!

Update: To make the situation even more ridiculous, I caught Nora snatching cat food from Sam's bowl instead of eating her dog food. What a crazy mixed-up household we live in...Overall, our girls are quite pleased with themselves and wish that I would stop interfering with a situation that they've worked out to their liking, thank-you-very-much.

No comments: