Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spring has Sprung


We just got back from a 3 day trip to Holland to visit Amsterdam, Haarlem, and the tulip fields. The tulip fields were unbelievable, the countryside was filled with happy little lambs and goslings, and I also really enjoyed poffertjes (mini, extra-puffy pancakes) and touring both Anne Frank's and Corri ten Boom's houses. We had a wonderful trip!

While I work on posts about our trip, I thought I'd share a few shots of pretty spring blooms at the Cologne Botanic Garden, which is next to the zoo and only about a mile from our apartment (and free!). We visited on the 28th of April, and only a week and a half later the lilacs and rhododendrons are already blooming. Hurray for spring!
the gardens have a large outdoor and indoor collection
of camillas


I'll be back in a few days with a few dispatches from Holland!

No comments: